Call Us Today

(888) 482-2816

Fiancé(e) Visa

Non-Immigrant Visa for a Fiancé (e) K-1

Fiancé(e) of U.S. citizen can obtain a K-1 visa to immigrate to the United States.

The U.S. Citizen must file a petition seeking to bring the fiance(e) to the U.S., on a K-1 Visa.

K-1 Visa is valid for 90 days. Only if the petitioner marries the fiance(e) within this 90 day period, can the petitioner (now spouse of a U.S. citizen) apply to become a legal permanent resident of the U.S.

Under U.S. immigration law, a foreign-citizen fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen is the recipient of an approved Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), Form I-129F, who has been issued a nonimmigrant K-1 visa for travel to the United States in order to marry his or her U.S. citizen fiancé(e). Both the U.S. citizen and the K-1 visa applicant must have been legally free to marry at the time the petition was filed and must have remained so thereafter. The marriage must be legally possible according to laws of the U.S. state in which the marriage will take place.

In general, the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) and U.S. citizen sponsor must have met in person within the past two years. USCIS may grant an exception to this requirement, based on extreme hardship for the U.S. citizen sponsor to personally meet the foreign-citizen fiancé(e), or, for example, if it is contrary in the U.S. citizen sponsor’s or foreign-citizen fiancé(e)’s culture for a man and woman to meet before marriage.